Costs ferry Ameland
Are you looking for costs for the ferry to Ameland? On this page you can read everything about the costs for traveling to Ameland by ferry. New rates apply for the Ameland-Holwerd ferry service for 2019. Since 2014 there are no discounts available anymore for seniors (65 and older).
The rates for the ferry to Ameland are categorized for different types of travelers. Those who visit the island on foot or by bike will pay less than visitors who bring their car on the ferry to Ameland. A discounted rate is available for groups.
Check out the different cost categories below. There is also a price list available which shows a detailed overview of all prices for the ferry to Ameland.
- Kids (0-3)
- Kids (4-11)
- Adult 10 crossing credit*
- Adult 20 crossing credit*
Costs ferry Ameland for groups**
- Kids (4-11)
- Vehicles up to 5,5 meters (excluding occupants)
- 10 crossing credit vehicles up to 5,5 meters*
- Moped or scooter
- Vehicle > 5,5 meters including driver (< 2.60m wide) per running metre
- Vehicle > 5,5 meters including driver (> 2.60m wide) per running metre
- Vehicle > 5,5 meters including driver (with hazardous substances) per running metre
Other costs for the ferry to Ameland
- Traveling to Ameland with a dog
- Caravan / Trailer (max 2.60m breed) p/m
- Bicycle carrier (including mounted bicycles)
* The Wagenborg Pass can hold 10 or 20 credits and is not personal or vehicle related. The pass can be used once per day for one person and/or vehicle. If credits were purchased before April 1st, the summer surcharge (from April 1st to September 30th) does not apply. The credit is valid for the remaining calendar year.
** The group discount applies to groups of a minimum of 15 people, provided that a reservation is made at least 7 days in advance.
Check the WPD website for the current rates for the ferry to Ameland.
Are you leaving your car on the mainland? Read more information about the costs for parking in Holwerd.